There is no direct flight to El Nido. This means that you will have to (a) fly to Puerto Princesa, the capital city of Palawan and travel 6-7 hours of long and winding road or (b) fly to Coron and take a boat trip for 7-8 hours to reach El Nido. Yes, it sounds stressful.
However, the good news is, the journey to El Nido is filled with picturesque view of the country side and the Bacuit archipelago. Your eyes will feast with beautiful scenery. Guaranteed, you will not get bored while travelling.
Option 1: Manila to Puerto Princesa to El Nido
1. From Manila there are daily flights to Puerto Princesa via Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific and AirAsia.
2. From Puerto Princesa airport, you can:
(a) Take a van straight to El Nido, or
(b) Hire a tricycle or taxi to San Jose Terminal and take a van or bus from there.
If you are staying for at least a night in the city, you can make arrangements with your hotel receptionist. Bus rates start at 300 pesos. Van rates start at 700 pesos.
3. The ride ends at El Nido Integrated Bus Terminal where you can hire a tricycle to take you to downtown El Nido or wherever your hotel is.
Option 2: Coron to El Nido & vice versa
As of June 2015, there are daily trips to El Nido from Coron.
Rate is Php2,200 per person including lunch.
Boat leaves at 8AM.
Travel time is 7 hours on good weather.
*Passengers should be at the port an hour before the trip (7AM).
EL NIDO ISLAND HOPPING TOURS
El Nido’s paradise is best enjoyed by hopping from one island to another to see white-fine sand beaches, limestone cliffs, lagoons and sand bars.
Here are the rates of each tours and schedule as of Jun 2015:
|Tour A||1,200 Pesos per person||9 AM to 4-5 PM|
|Tour B||1,300 Pesos per person||9 AM to 4-5 PM|
|Tour C||1,400 Pesos per person||9 AM to 4-5 PM|
|Tour D||1,200 Pesos per person||9 AM to 4-5 PM|
|Tour E||1,000 Pesos per 3 persons||Depending on arrangements|
Tour inclusions: Lunch, snorkeling gear, life vest and guides to assist you.
On every Island Hopping Tour, they serve a generous amount of the following:
Fruits and Vegetables, Grilled Chicken, Grilled Pork, Grilled Fish, Shrimp/Crabs/Squid
* Advice your tour agent of your food restrictions. Food is subject to availability
* Tour rates does not include the Php 200 per person Eco-Tourism Development Fee (ETDF). This is good for 10 days. The boatmen will ask the receipt before you embark on your island hopping tours.
* Electricity in El Nido is from 2:00 PM to 6:00 AM only. You might want to charge your camera before the tour.
* Prices and schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
Share your thoughts. I would love to hear them!