I love road trips! The exhilaration is just transcendent. I crow about sitting at the passenger seat while gazing through the exquisite landscapes. But of course, certain preparations have to be done to enjoy the long journey ahead. To mention one, make sure the car is in tiptop shape before embarking on a road trip. Folks from www.kwik-fit.com offers top-of-the-line car batteries so, it’s worth it to check with them before leaving because you might end up with a busted battery or worse, road accident. To avoid further inconvenience during your road trip, here are some of the basic road trip essentials to take with you.
1. Water. It pays to have water in case you get stuck in the car longer than planned. Plus, it is good to stay hydrated to avoid headaches or lethargy. Just be mindful about the rest stop situation if you drink too much!
2. Comfortable outfit. Comfort is key when it comes to road trips. My go-to car ride outfit during the summer consists of stretchy denim shorts, a lightweight top and slip-on sandals.
3. Snacks. Some people may get hangry when they don’t eat for a while. By some people, I mean me. 🙂 So, I usually keep some biscuits or fruits within reach to keep my stomach occupied, literally.
4. Entertainment. Let’s face it. The words “long road trip” has already got your eyes rolled on. Fret not, with today’s several forms of digital entertainment, boring road trips are finally over. Book lovers may bring a kindle to read their favorite road trip books, music lovers may bring an iPod to listen to up to thousands of their favorites songs, gamers may bring a PSP to play their favorite games, the list goes on.
5. Camera. You can never know what you’ll see while on a road trip. That’s the beauty of it. So, always keep your camera within reach to be able to snap some once in a lifetime shots.
6. A scarf or blanket. Whenever I go on a road trip, I always carry a blanket to keep me warm and toasty. I don’t know why exactly but there is something about road trips that gives me chills. Perhaps, it is just the excitement?
8. First aid. Health is wealth so, a first aid is definitely a must in every journey. You must have first aid necessities even down to very simple injuries or health related problems.
These are the basics to remember while planning a trip and ensuring you have a good and safe time. What did I miss? Let me know in the comments below!
Share your thoughts. I would love to hear them!